Community Service Department
Mr Molehe Mahlanyane
PROFILE: MOLEHE MAHLANYANE
Mr Molehe Mahlanyane is the Director Community Services at Tswelopele Local Municipality. His qualifications ranges from Bachelor of Social Science, Postgraduate Diploma in Organisation and Management (UCT), Introductory Programme Certificate in Municipal Management and Development, Executive Municipal Management and Leadership Programme (UFS). He has also completed a range of short courses viz Financial Management Training, Capacity Building for Local Government, Facility Management, IDP Training for Municipal Sector Specialist, Gender Management and Leadership Training, Training on Mentoring and Coaching CDW Learnership. He has extensive experience in Local Government dating back from 1996 working for the then Bultfontein TLC, Tswelopele Local Municipality and Lejweleputswa District Municipality.
ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR COMMUNITY SERVICES /KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Manage the facilitation and administering of Human Settlements services including co-ordination of Housing development, administration and monitoring.
- Manage the rendering of Spatial Planning services.
- Manage, develop and review Spatial Development Framework, Local Area Plans, Land Use Scheme and the Municipal By-Laws.
- Manage, develop and maintain Land Use Management Systems.
- Assessing development applications (Township Establishment, Rezoning, Subdivision, Consolidation and Consent Use)
- Manage the rendering of Building Control services.
- Manage the rendering of Traffic Law Enforcement services.
- Manage, develop and review Local Economic Development Strategy.
- Facilitate the development of economic infrastructure and service provision to enhance economic and employment opportunities.
- Facilitation of funding for SMME’s support.
Tel: (+27 51) 853 1111
Fax: (+27 51) 853 1332